KAOS Dogsports Inc. No Frills Trials
November 27, 28, & 29
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE November 14, 2020 8:00 PM
INDOORS LIMITED ENTRY STRICT COVID PROTOCOLS
3 Day, 1 Ring – 30′ x 55′, Paperless Entry
JUDGES: Joyce Baker & Tanya Strom
Location: KAOS Dogsports Inc, 1311 Ottawa St Regina, SK
|Judge: Joyce Baker|
Versatility 1 B/C
Versatility 2 B/C
Versatility Excellent 1 B/C
Versatility Excellent 2 B/C
Versatility Team 1
Versatility Team 2
*Late afternoon start
approx 4 or 5pm
|Judge: Joyce Baker|
|Judge: Tanya Strom|
NO CANTEEN NO PERMANENT BENCHING NO SPECTATORS
Chair & Trial Secretary: Tanya Strom Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Bird Entry Fee up to Nov 14, 2020 8:00 pm:
$10/each Team Dog
After Nov 14, 2020 8:01 pm Entry Fee:
$12.50/each Team Dog
MASKED REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES, UNLESS IN THE RING. COVID Protocols will be sent to all those entered. You may chose to do your runs with or without your mask on.
If the trial must be cancelled due to COVID-19, all competitors will be refunded, less any expenses are incurred by the club.
CRATING: You may crate your dog, in the building, during the classes you are entered in. The exception will be those entered in multiple runs, entered both days, all day. Only those entered as exhibitors (handlers) will be allowed in the building.
METHODS OF PAYMENTS: E-transfer or PayPal ONLY. DO NOT send your payment until you receive a confirmation email, from the trial secretary, approving your entry. The email will provide you the payment instructions. You will have 24 hours to send payment, once the email approval letter has been sent to you, after that your entry may be withdrawn, if there is a waitlist.
MOVE UPS: Moving up to the next level during the trial MAY be allowed and must be request no less than 30 minutes before the class.
DAY OF ENTRIES: Day of entries may be accepted, if the trial is not full and at the discretion of the trial secretary, and ONLY for those already entered in the trial. Day of entry must be requested no less than 2 hours before the start of the class.
TITLE AND HIGH IN CLASS PHOTOS will be taken, with rosettes, at the end of each class. You may choose to purchase the rosette(s), at cost, at your discretion. We did not want to raise entry fees. As a Not for Profit, volunteer organization, we had had to make this change to our trial, due to the new financial realities. Thank you for understanding.
Notice to Competitors – General Information
A qualifying ribbon will be awarded to each dog/handler team who achieves a qualifying score.
You will also receive your dog’s score card for each run you perform.
This is a titling event under CARO rules and regulations. CARO is open to all dogs being at least six (6) months of age, including purebred and mixed breeds, except bitches in season or dogs with injuries or illnesses which may cause the dog pain or great discomfort, or dogs exhibiting signs of aggression that threaten the safety of other dogs or humans.
For more information, go to www.canadianrallyo.ca
See the CARO website for a full description and the CARO official Rules and regulations at http://www.canadianrallyo.ca
Please note that “An officiating Judge, and/or the Chairperson of the trial, may dismiss from the trial site any person subjecting the Judge or members or the organizing committee to abuse, whether that person is competing in the trial or not.”
- All dogs must be registered with CARO Rally to compete. A registration form is available at http://www.canadianrallyo.ca
- Handlers may submit the Individual Dog Registration form filled out and accompanied by a cheque to CARO for the amount required to the Trial secretary. The Trial secretary will then submit the registration with the Trial Results.
- As the host club, KAOS reserves the right to accept or decline entries. We will also excuse any person from the trial or trial premises we deem aggressive, abusive or unsportsmanlike conduct towards another person or dog.
- The trial will be run in accordance with CARO rules and regulations – the judge will explain the rules for the event during the Judge’s briefing held immediately before the first walk through of the day.
- Physically challenged handlers and dogs are encouraged to participate. Handlers shall provide the judge with a written description of how they intend to perform any of the course exercises that may require modification.
This shall be submitted with your entry form, prior to the closing date.
- Dogs can be shown on a flat buckle or snap collar or plain harness. No choke, martingale, prong or shock collars, head halters or no-pull Harnesses are allowed. Leashes should be made of fabric or leather and be long enough to provide adequate slack. Dogs at the advanced or excellent level are not required to compete with a collar.
- Food as a reward is allowed at the Novice and Advanced level only, but cannot be used as a lure to help the dog complete an exercise. Handlers who plan to use food as a reward must indicate this on their entry form. Food must be carried in the handler’s right-hand pocket and only be present in the handler’s hand in between exercises. Any petting, touching, or feeding that significantly interrupts the flow of performance shall be scored accordingly.
- Facilities: The event will be held indoors in a fully matted, gated ring. Please pick up after your dog, waste receptacles & bags will be provided. Dogs must be on leash when not in the ring.
- There shall be no refunds for entries withdrawn after the early bird date (in lieu of a closing date), or in the event a dog and/or handler are dismissed from competition, regardless or the reason for such dismissal. However, refunds will be issued for dogs that come into heat or are injured & provide a veterinarian’s certificate to the Trial Secretary.
Refunds will be provided to anyone needing to withdraw from the trial, due to a COVID diagnosis or if required to quarantine, due to an exposure. The host club will require some documentation or proof to receive a refund.
The Host club, Trial Secretary, Trial Chair or Judge has the right to refuse anyone in the building, or the ring who is not following the COVID protocols, that will include social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing and wearing a mask.
Click here for a download PDF version of the premium.